Global Talent Recruitment for the Translational Brain Research Center
Ⅰ. About the Center
The Translational Brain Research Center (TBRC) at Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital, with an area of 3000 square meters at the newly founded Bioisland Laboratory of Guangdong Province, is committed to build an innovative and multidisciplinary research platform of brain sciences by integrating basic, clinical and translational neuroscience, brain-inspired computing, and materials science, with the goal of promoting the precision medicine for the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of brain diseases.
The Center is now seeking bright and talented young scientists for multiple positions at the rank from distinguished researcher, distinguished associate researcher, and postdoctoral fellow.
Ⅱ. Strength of the Center
The Center is established from the solid joint foundation of the Bioisland Laboratory (Guangdong Province), Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Brain Function and Brain Diseases (Zhongshan School of Medicine), a national key discipline of Neurology (Sun Yat-sen University), and two national bases of pharmacological clinical trials (Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital). Led by nationally and internationally recognized young scholars, the Center was recently founded with the support of interdisciplinary programs and clinical resources from the Bioisland Laboratory and Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hospital. The Center has assembled top-ranked research platforms and facilities, that aims to provide strong support to catalyze the collaborative culture and promote translational research in brain sciences in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
Ⅲ. Available positions
1. High-level talents:
(1) “Hundred Talent Project” of Sun Yat-sen University
Candidates who have excellent track record for their scientific achievement or technological innovations in the fields of neuroscience, brain-inspired computing, or materials science are encouraged to apply.
(2) Distinguished researcher / distinguished associate researcher / research assistant
Candidates who have strong scientific publications and training background in the fields of neuroscience, brain-inspired computing, or materials science are encouraged to apply. Applications will be selected based on their scientific potential.
2. Postdoctoral fellow:
Candidates (under age 35) who have obtained their PhD degree within 3 years from world-recognized domestic or international universities or institutes with strong training background in the following fields: neurobiology, molecular biology, brain-inspired computing, bioinformatics, clinical medicine, and who have published at least one first-authored paper in the related field are encouraged to apply. Candidates are expected to have good English reading and writing skills, to conduct research project independently under the supervision of the PIs, and to have strong sense of responsibility for teamwork.
Ⅳ. Salary and Benefits
1. The salary will match the range provided by the Bioisland Laboratory of Guangdong Province;
2. Internationally competitive start-up funds will be provided to the high-level talents (from 1 million to 10 million yuan, commensurate with qualifications and scientific achievement);
3. Necessary experimental area, office and equipment will be provided for high-level talents;
4. 3-5 years free housing benefit or purchasing subsidies;
5. High-quality medical benefit; assistance for children's primary and middle school enrollment.
Ⅴ. Documents for application
Applicants should combine the following materials into one single PDF file and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org (Center Director) and email@example.com (HR Department):
1. CV in both Chinese and English, including basic information, education and work experience, scientific achievement, funding support, awards, and publications (indicating the latest impact factors, and regions of the Chinese Academy of Sciences if available);
2. Research plan for the next 3-5 years;
3. Supporting materials, including ID card/passport, certificate documents of academic degrees, employment record, funding support, patent, award, and publication.
Dr. Yamei Tang (Director); Mr. Jishan Huang (HR department)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Address: 107 Yanjiang West Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China 510120
More searches like this
- Biotech or Pharmaceutical Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in China
- Graduate School or University Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in China
- Hospital Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in China
- Independent Research Institute Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in China
- Medical, Veterinary or Dental School Postdoctoral Researcher Neurodegenerative Disorders & Injury jobs in China