Post-Doctoral Fellow – Parkinson's Disease Mechanisms (multiple positions)
The laboratory of Prof. Darren Moore is looking for highly motivated and collaborative postdoctoral fellows to join the Center for Neurodegenerative Science at the Van Andel Institute in Michigan.
Multiple positions are available for ambitious scientists to use biochemical and cell biological approaches and rodent models to investigate the pathogenic mechanisms of late-onset familial and risk genes linked to Parkinson’s disease (PD), including LRRK2 and VPS35. The laboratory employs a multidisciplinary approach using experimental model systems, such as cell lines, primary cultures, Drosophila, rodents, and human brain tissue, to elucidate the normal function and pathophysiological mechanisms of gene products associated with familial and sporadic PD. Please visit the lab's website for an overview of our research interests: https://moorelab.vai.org/.
- A recent PhD graduate with demonstrated experience in any of the following fields: cell biology, biochemistry, and/or neuroscience. At least one publication in these fields would be desirable.
- The ideal candidates will have experience in any of the following research areas: cell biology in neuronal and/or glial culture models; confocal and/or stereological microscopy; proteomics; viral vector technology; development of genetic animal models; rodent neuropathology and behavior.
Description of a Successful Candidate:
- A self-motivated and driven individual who is able to exhibit exceptional research productivity and take responsibility for independent management of a project.
- A detail-oriented researcher who still keeps a clear grasp of the big picture.
- A team player who proactively shares knowledge and expertise with lab members.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply, email your CV, a summary of your research experience and interests, and the contact details of 2-3 references (firstname.lastname@example.org).
VAI is actively striving to diversify its workforce and strongly encourages qualified individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Van Andel Institute is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer
About Grand Rapids, MI
Van Andel Institute is located in downtown Grand Rapids, MI which is the second largest city in Michigan and the largest city in West Michigan. Grand Rapids offers a remarkable combination of cosmopolitan atmosphere and small town warmth, known for its philanthropic and sustainability-driven community, and is ranked one of "America's Top 100 Places to Live."
Located on the banks of the Grand River, Grand Rapids offers all the big-city excitement you would expect from a million-resident metropolis, featuring hundreds of restaurants and nightspots, theaters, museums, sports and concerts. The safe and clean downtown is surrounded by an eclectic mix of walk-able neighborhoods.
With a medical and life sciences industry boom, strong entrepreneurial activity, dedication to green building and living, and innovative employers, Grand Rapids' diverse economy continues to grow, offering endless career opportunities.
Apply for Post-Doctoral Fellow – Parkinson's Disease Mechanisms (multiple positions)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly