Postdoctoral Fellow or Senior Research Technician - Neurodegeneration (Ischemic stroke, AD, PD)
A Postdoctoral and a Senior Research Technician position are available to investigate cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying the pathophysiology of neurological diseases and disorders such as stroke, Huntington’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease, and identify novel therapeutic targets for these devastating diseases with a focus on the role of epigenetic regulation and microRNAs, and on protein regulation and degradation such as ubiquitination and autophagy.
The Hwang lab is in the Department of Pharmacology at Creighton University’s School of Medicine, Omaha, NE. The laboratory is supported by start-up funds as well as extramural research grants. The lab space is newly renovated and consists of culture work, molecular work and animal workspaces. The Department also has the facilities and fully support all research activities in the laboratory. The facilities provide resources to utilize a variety of approaches including confocal biomedical imaging, flow cytometry, molecular biology, bioinformatics, vivarium, behavioral studies and animal surgery. For more information about Dr. Hwang, please click this link https://www.linkedin.com/in/jee-yeon-hwang-71822843/ or https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jee_Yeon_Hwang
The candidate should be highly self-motivated and be able to lead a research project. The candidate is expected to participate in writing manuscripts and scientific reports. The candidate should be able to design, execute and troubleshoot experiments and to analyze and interpret results independently.
- PhD in areas of neuroscience for a Postdoctoral position;
- B.S./B.A. or M.S. in areas of biology, neuroscience or a related field for a Senior Research Technician Position.
- Strong background on neurological disorders and diseases.
- Hands-on experience on advanced neuroscience, biochemistry, molecular and cell biology techniques with a variety of in vitro and in vivo models of neurological disorders and disease is required.
- Previous experience in primary neuronal cell and cell line culture is required.
- Previous experience in rodent surgery and/or genetically engineered animal models is required.
- Previous experience in surgical global ischemia model (4-vessel occlusion) and/or MCAO model is desired.
- Strong experience with a confocal microscopy and imaging analysis is desired.
- Experience with GWAS, behavioral studies, or electrophysiology is a plus.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Interested candidates should send their application including a cover letter, CV and contact information for three references as a single file attachment to email@example.com