Promise. It's a strong word that everyone understands, especially kids.
At Cook Children's, we've made a promise to improve the health of every child in our region. We know that team members come in all shapes and sizes. That's why we search for employees who know that being a true team player means never being too big to listen to the smallest member of the team.
Cook Children’s Health Care System is looking for a Research Assistant to join our new neurosciences research team. You will assist with all aspects of research including, but not limited to:
- consent process
- registering participants
- setting up experiments
- collecting clinical and research data from patients and healthy participants
- retrieving and organizing data from medical records
- performing basic to mid-level data analysis
This training position is for three-years with a possibility of advancement to Postdoctoral Research Fellow II depending on productivity and funding availability.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Cook Children's
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field (e.g., healthcare, social or health science, etc.). A Master’s degree with relevant professional experience is preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience required
- Computer proficiency in word processing and Excel
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and oral, written, and electronic interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with project management methodologies preferred
- Knowledge of research and medical terminology, grant writing and governmental rules and regulations preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of operational, logistical and administrative requirements of research studies preferred