Principal Investigator - Neurosciences
Promise. It's a strong word that everyone understands, especially kids.
At Cook Children's, we've made a promise to improve the health of every child in our region. We know that team members come in all shapes and sizes. That's why we search for employees who know that being a true team player means never being too big to listen to the smallest member of the team.
Cook Children’s Health Care System is looking for Principal Investigator to work with our Neurosciences research team. You will be responsible for designing, organizing, and conducting highly specialized and advanced research studies independently or in collaboration with other investigators. Your responsibilities will include:
- the preparation and submission of grant proposals from internal and external funding mechanisms
- the development of design, initiation, conduction, analysis, and publication of research projects of both a retrospective and prospective nature
- participation in high quality development, submission, maintenance, analysis, and publication of complex and high risk/high value medical specialty research protocols conducted at Cook Children’s.
As our Principal Investigator, you will lead a team of postdoctoral research fellows (I and II), research assistants, and students, who conduct highly specialized and advanced research studies on a broad area of research.
This is a 5 years position with a possibility of renewal depending on productivity and funding availability.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
- Doctorate degree in a related field of the performed research
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience with data collection, data processing, programming, and statistical methods
- Previous experience of 5+ years in a postdoctoral position
- Proven capability to successfully obtain and manage intramural and extramural funding
- Demonstrated ability to lead research projects in the designated area of his/her choice
- Demonstrated ability to manage a group of scientists and supervise students and assistants
- Demonstrated expertise in the collection and analysis of complex clinical and research data
- Demonstrated scientific productivity through at least seven (7) publications as first (or senior) author in scientific journals indexed in PubMed with an impact factor >2
- Excellent knowledge of the statistical theories
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrable ability to quickly understand new concepts and to develop original solutions to mathematical issues
- Knowledge of principles of research and federal regulations
- Strong organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and oral, written and electronic interpersonal communication skills