Post-Doctoral Research Associate
A funded postdoctoral position investigating the organization and function of cortical microcircuits in behaving mice is available in the Vlasov Laboratory at the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology at the University of Illinois. The postdoctoral scientist will lead the team of graduate and undergraduate students to perform massive recording and manipulation of neural activity during complex behavior using innovative technologies. To understand how cortical circuits process and integrate sensory signals to produce abstract representations and decisions, we combine:
- Electrophysiology with high-count electrodes Neuropixel probes in awake and behaving animals.
- Behavioral paradigms in virtual reality to engage mice in goal-directed behavior.
- Optogenetics for closed-loop manipulation of neural circuits during behavior.
- Neuroanatomy leveraging new viral, genetic, and computational tools.
- Machine learning based analytical methods to extract dynamical patterns of neural activity.
Applicants must have a PhD in Neuroscience, Biology or a relevant field. We are looking for individuals with an excellent record of research achievements and expertise at the intersection of two or more of the following areas: in-vivo electrophysiology, quantitative behavior, and computational neuroscience. Ability to analyze data in Matlab or Python, is a definite plus.
Interested candidates should email a brief statement of research interests, a CV, and the names and contact information of 2-3 references to Prof.Vlasov email@example.com. Group website https://www.integratedneurotech.com/neuro-biology