Intern, Image Analysis Tools
The Eisai Center for Genetics Guided Dementia Discovery (G2D2) is an industry-unique drug discovery biotech with a diverse group of passionate, dedicated and collaborative scientists committed to helping eradicate Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Recognizing the potential for human genetics, data sciences and precision chemistry to disrupt the drug discovery paradigm, Eisai established G2D2 to accelerate the discovery of innovative therapeutics. G2D2 is committed to accelerating drug discovery premised upon robust insights from human biology, and driving multi-disciplinary team-based progress towards addressing real unmet patient needs.
At G2D2, we focus not only on how such data help identify and validate therapeutic targets, but also to guide novel approaches to drug such targets and match them to the right patient at the right time. Our precision chemistry strategy - in the context of insights from human genetics - is uniquely positioned to deliver tailor-designed small molecule, anti-sense oligo-nucleotide, and other solutions for targeted therapeutics.
Our new cutting-edge 50,000-square-foot facility is strategically located in Cambridge, MA, to accelerate collaborations with leading research institutes in this world-class biotech hub. Our facility has been designed around a novel open-lab concept, enabling chemists, biologists, automation and other scientists to work together in a single common and integrated lab space. Our labs include state-of-the-art capabilities in medicinal and process chemistry, in-vitro and in-vivo biology, microscopy, chemical and structural biology, automation and screening, and several other discovery technologies and platforms.
You will join a highly interactive and collaborative team spanning a broad range of drug discovery capabilities. We highly value both internal and external collaborations, and you will become involved in flexible research models with a range of external scientific partners to accelerate delivery of innovative medicines. As an Eisai employee you will spend at least 1% of your working time with patients and families to ensure that the innovation you drive is based on an understanding of their real needs.
More information about G2D2 is provided here (http://eisai.mediaroom.com/2018-06-12-Eisai-Inc-to-Launch-Center-for-Genetics-Guided-Dementia-Discovery-in-Cambridge-Massachusetts) and here (https://us.eisai.com/research/g2d2), and about Eisai's Neurology strategy and pipeline are provided here (https://www.eisai.com/index.html).
An internship opportunity at G2D2 provides talented and motivated graduate students an introduction to careers in the pharmaceutical industry. In addition to conducting cutting edge research with G2D2 scientists, interns at G2D2 will:
- Participate in educational workshops to learn about all aspects of the drug discovery process
- Join in a lunch-and-learn program with Eisai staff at all levels to learn about diverse job activities and career paths
- Experience a broad array of networking and socialization opportunities
- Learn how Eisai makes an impact in patients’ lives through our human health care (hhc) philosophy and have the opportunity to participate in hhc activities
- Develop novel image analysis routines for immunofluorescence images in Matlab or R to address questions related to the role of neuroinflammation in Alzheimer's disease
- Have the opportunity to learn 2-photon and/or confocal microscopy and immunohistochemistry/ immunofluorescence to generate novel image data sets
- Work cross-functionally with both the imaging and data science groups
- Currently pursuing a PhD in neuroscience, biomedical imaging, or computer science
- Strong technical/computer skills, and enjoy programming in Matlab and/ or R
- Coursework/ experience in statistics
- Experience in image analysis required
- Interest in microscopy (confocal, 2-photon)
- Full time, 9-12 month appointment at Eisai G2D2 in Cambridge, MA
Please apply by clicking or copy-pasting the below link in the browser -