Sr Image Data Scientist
Sr Image Data Scientist
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is looking to fill the position of Senior Image Data Scientist to join its new Center for Bioimage Informatics. St. Jude has invested in cutting-edge imaging technology to address some of the toughest challenges in biomedical research facing the world today. These new technologies enable insights into biomedical systems that have traditionally been inaccessible, and produce multidimensional, complex and large image data. You will join a dynamic image analysis team with Dr. Khaled Khairy in St. Jude’s fast-paced research environment to analyze this data and develop innovative solutions for a broad spectrum of biomedical imagery.
What you will be doing:
- Develop algorithms, deep learning systems, computer vision techniques and image data analysis pipelines utilizing a variety of existing and custom software libraries
- Consult with St. Jude researchers and staff to exploit the full potential of image analysis in propelling individual experiments and research projects forward
- Work collaboratively on image analysis software development with other data scientists and software engineers, observing highest software engineering standards
- Deploy algorithms in an HPC context and optimize for accuracy and speed
- Consult with and train research staff as needed
- Bachelor's degree is required. Master's degree or PHD is preferred
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience is required. Four (4) years of relevant experience may be acceptable with a Master's degree; no experience may be acceptable with a PHD in a relevant field. Experience in independent image analyses and image data management is required. Experience in programming with at least two established programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Java, C/C++) is required. Experience in and the ability to communicate clearly and consult with a wide range of users and colleagues is required.
- Experience in using established image analysis platforms (e.g.: ImageJ/Fiji, CellProfiler) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in scientific computing and scientific data visualization is preferred Experience in scientific computer code optimization and evaluation in an HPC environment is preferred Experience in development of algorithms, statistical methods or scientific software preferred. Experience in working with large image data volumes is preferred. Experience in biological/medical imaging is preferred Experience in personnel management preferred
Apply now at: https://bit.ly/2LZ6fDB