Senior Application Scientist
Senior Application Scientist
LifeCanvas Technologies is an MIT startup developing cutting-edge technologies that reshape biological tissue studies and microscopic analysis, with the mission of expediting breakthrough discoveries in research and medicine through a new 3D whole-organ processing pipeline and platform.
The Senior Application Scientist is primarily responsible for driving and accelerating customer adoption and customer success with early-stage, research tool technologies and services that enable discovery in life sciences. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to experimental design, project management, support, relationship building and voice-of-customer market research for early adopter customer segment and community build-up. Travel will be expected as the Senior Application Scientist leads efforts to educate the market through workshops, seminars and demos. Identifying and collaborating with lead customers to design high-impact studies and build important references to the world’s largest 3D tissue library will also be part of the role.
As one of our first members to the company, the Senior Application Scientist will be an integral part of our team and leadership opportunities are almost expected to become available as the company scales.
Why LifeCanvas Tech?
- Impact millions of people’s health by developing and disseminating revolutionary tools to expedite discoveries in science and medicine
- Shape the technology that will be the future of biomedical studies
- Immerse in collaborative, positive, and proactive culture with the mantra to improve the status quo
- Have fun making your ideas become products and services
- Fast and dynamic environment to grow and lead
- Work with the brightest minds
- The perfect hybrid that combines the perks of working for a large company with the adventures, opportunities and pace of working for a startup
- Health benefits, 401K setup, Lunch Wednesdays, Fully-stocked kitchen
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Science - Ph.D. in neuroscience, biology, pathology or equivalent. Experience with fluorescent imaging, immunolabeling, and handling of delicate & precious biological samples are strongly desired, along with deep knowledge of rodent central and peripheral nervous system.
- Excellent Communication - Tailors communication to users with confidence. Effective presentation capabilities with ability to clearly present and deliver technical information
- Scientific writing - Aptitude to publish content (blog posts, white papers, etc.) that resonates well with users and helps them understand the benefits of our technology and pipeline
- Business Acumen - Continuously evaluate a variety of business development opportunities with various industry players and lead customers in academia and industry
- User-Focused - Understands customer pain points, expectations, and needs; regularly brainstorms with team members to come up with solutions that help our current and potential users adopt our technology and expedite research?
- Workflow Management - Sets clear, realistic, and time-bound objectives that align to business growth both short & long-term
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - Excels in a fast-paced environment and thrives in dramatically changing the status quo with a novel solution.