AAV Research Scientist
Addgene is a non-profit company that facilitates biomedical research and discovery. Our biorepository stores, archives and distributes plasmids for academic scientists around the world while our viral vector service provides scientists with ready-to-use gene delivery tools of exceptional quality.
We are seeking a Research Scientist to join Addgene’s viral vector team. This is a terrific opportunity to help scale up existing rAAV production processes so that Addgene can continue to provide critical resources to the scientific community. Learn more about Addgene at www.addgene.org/careers/.
- Design, develop and execute experiments for rAAV plasmid optimization
- Design and test new strategies for rAAV vector yield optimization
- Produce and run quality control on rAAV vector preparations
- Write and review protocols for rAAV production processes
- Organize and track samples during production and storage
- Assist with basic research as relevant
- Lead and participate on special projects as needed
Candidates should be enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized individuals who want to be a part of Addgene’s mission. Specific qualifications include:
- PhD in relevant discipline
- Hands-on experience with rAAV vector production in mammalian cell culture systems
- Direct experience with plasmid design optimization
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English; strong written and oral communication skills required
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Familiar with general computer software
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States
Addgene is located at the LINX in Watertown, MA. A complimentary shuttle service from the Harvard MBTA stop to LINX is available and there is ample parking on-site.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Only applications including both a cover letter and resume will be considered.