Scientific Program Manager
Scientific Program Manager
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is looking for an experienced full-time Scientific Program Manager to work for our Cambridge, MA office. Reporting to the Scientific Program Director, the Scientific Program Manager will work on the scientific strategy and management of projects at Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB), in particular in traumatic brain injury (TBI). The scientific program manager will not only assist in developing the TBI strategy, but also play a key/critical role in realizing our mission to accelerate the discovery and development of new diagnostics, treatments and cures for brain diseases.
The successful candidate will be personable, proactive and highly methodical in his/her attentiveness to detail. Experience in pre-clinical or clinical aspects of TBI, the planning and management of successful biomedical research projects and biomarker-related scientific activities within a large biotech or pharmaceutical company or academic research center is preferred.
The successful candidate must have the skills to build and maintain project plans to ensure that deliverables are successfully executed in accordance with project and disease area objectives and are within budget. This would include tracking progress for all internal and outsourced activities required to advance drug discovery projects forward. The ideal candidate will be a team player with highly evolved organizational, communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to gain the cooperation of others and facilitate communication and harmonization among team members, along with a sense of urgency and commitment to meet aggressive timelines.
The candidate will be assigned to lead CVB programs in TBI and other projects in the area of trauma-related brain injury that align with their area of expertise. They will also support the CVB mission to advance biomarkers and diagnostics, develop translational research tools, and accelerate therapeutic development for target brain diseases.
- Responsible for overall program or project strategy, knowledge and execution according to agreed-upon deliverables and timelines.
- Direct projects interacting with multiple cross functional teams.
- Maintain current content/scientific knowledge related to field of work.
- Use Project Management Methodology tools and templates to manage projects.
- Track the progress of project activities, ensure key program milestones are achieved, and ensure programs proceed based on the agreed upon timeline.
- Maintain the “overall picture” of the project and provide/negotiate resolution of potential issues internally to prevent delays to project timelines.
- Monitor performance and recommend scope, schedule, cost or resource adjustments; connect short-term demands to long-term implications in alignment with the supporting business case.
- Prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines; communicate the project status (health, forecast, issues, risks, etc.) to stakeholders.
- Effectively balance competing project constraints including but not limited to scope, quality, schedule, funding, budget, resources, and risk to manage project success.
- Connect project objectives to broader organizational goals.
- Provide input to contracts and review contracts to ensure completeness of scope and appropriate accountability based on role and/or responsibility.
- Negotiate with stakeholders to obtain the resources necessary for successful project execution.
- Establish and implement project management processes and methodologies for product development activities and facility expansion. Includes project planning, resource planning, project scheduling and leading teams to accomplish project goals.
- Manage risks, issues and project change control (scope, schedule, cost and quality).
- Anticipate project/program risks and develop mitigation strategies/plans for more complex projects/programs.
- Resolve internal and external team conflicts to ensure adherence to project schedules.
- Other duties as assigned
- Doctoral degree in neuroscience, molecular biology, bioinformatics, statistical genetics, psychology, or a related scientific field or a medical degree is required
- 0-4 years of post-doctoral work or equivalent experience.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated excellence in research and intellectual leadership. Scientific knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical aspects of TBI, in particular in the context of translational science.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders and to mobilize and motivate teams.
- Solid business and scientific technical acumen; versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical thinking, organizational, and financial planning skills.
- Ability to capture and present key messages derived from large amounts of literature and other program information.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel and project management tracking software.
- Demonstrated leadership capability.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, results-oriented, and strategic thinker.
- Familiarity with the drug development process.
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Vendor experience with contracts/negotiation is preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Authorization to work in the U.S. required without sponsorship
- Must be able to travel approximately 20% of the time, including overnight
About Cohen Veterans Bioscience
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
Please visit https://cohenveteransbioscience.applicantpro.com to apply. Please include resume, cover letter, and salary requirements. We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.