Postdoctoral Associate/Research Assistant Professor in Brain Injury & Cerebrovascular Biology
The Department of Biomedical Sciences & Pathobiology at Virginia Tech invites applications for a Postdoctoral Associate or qualified Research Assistant Professor from candidates with expertise in Brain Injury Research and/or Neurovascular biology to work in the Laboratory of NeuroTrauma & Repair. The successful candidate will have a track record of scholarly achievements as demonstrated by high impact publications and potential for garnering external funding. This position offers grant preparation training for K01/K99 applications through a University-sponsored program. Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in areas of neurovascular health and disease, CNS injury or Neuroinflammation. The candidate will also be expected to participate in education of undergraduate and graduate students. The selected candidate will work on a wide variety of studies interrogating the endothelium, microbiota and immune cell influences on vascular remodeling in stroke and TBI using pre-clinical animal models and human patient samples.
***Attending sfn? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an on-site interview or stop by Booth 85 in the McCormick Place Convention Center Hall A, between 12-2PM.
- Doctoral Degree (Ph.D. or M.D/Ph.D.) in Neuroscience or related Biomedical Field
- Previous experience working with animal models of brain injury and conditional knockout approaches
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects and resources
- Perform, train and oversee implementation of study design using methodologies including but not limited to animal behavior testing, small animal surgery, adoptive transfers, perfusions, histological examination and non-biased stereology, qPCR, Western Blot analysis, confocal, 2-photon microscopy and LDI cerebral blood flow measurement
- Facilitate the development of study design and execution, IACUC and IRB submissions, grant writing and submissions
- Assist in the preparation of scientific abstracts and manuscripts to disseminate results through peer review and national/international conferences
- Train undergraduate and graduate students in the lab as well as lead several teams of investigation on multiple projects