Digital Programs Coordinator
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000216 EndHTML:000008090 StartFragment:000002352 EndFragment:000008016 StartSelection:000002352 EndSelection:000008006 SourceURL:https://sfncareers.applicantpro.com/jobs/1019854.html Digital Programs Coordinator - Washington, DC - Society for Neuroscience Jobs
The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) is searching for a Digital Programs Coordinator to act as the virtual conference project manager. This role includes volunteer management, guiding content development, and coordinating efforts across multiple departments.
The Coordinator ensures successful planning, execution, and reporting of events. They will also develop processes and systems to support this key part of SfN's growing digital learning program. The Coordinator will facilitate internal communications related to virtual conferences, complete programmatic and administrative tasks, and work closely with other departments to align virtual conference planning with overall digital learning strategy and technical capability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as central liaison between departments for coordinating programmatic and planning efforts for at least four virtual conferences annually, ensuring successful and timely execution of conference planning milestones.
- Develop and manage cross-team timeline for each virtual conference.
- Act as the main contact for volunteer organizers and speakers; administer scheduling, planning, collection of materials, and communication for all virtual conferences.
- Work with staff liaisons in programmatic departments to facilitate SfN committees' selection of virtual conference topics and organizers and to ensure that conferences remain true to the topics selected by committees.
- Facilitate planning efforts by virtual conference organizers, such as determining the vision for the conference, drafting the conference agenda, inviting speakers, and organizing the sessions.
- Work with key departments to plan and coordinate digital event logistics, including working with vendors to set up registration, the virtual environment, and event sessions.
- Work with key departments on communicating timelines for and facilitating review of collected materials to ensure timely and accurate publishing of virtual conference registration and agenda pages on Neuronline.
- Work with key teams to coordinate conference marketing, branding, sponsorships/exhibits, and communications. Ensure scientific copy is fully vetted by subject matter experts.
- Coordinate responsibilities and a punch list for conference live-day.
- Execute post-meeting activities, including processing faculty reimbursements, leading lessons learned meetings, and updating online information.
- Establish processes and SOPS for managing virtual conferences programming and speaker communications.
- Work with key teams to coordinate conference evaluation efforts.
- Prepare reports for internal and external stakeholder groups.
Version:1.0 StartHTML:000000216 EndHTML:000008153 StartFragment:000002352 EndFragment:000008079 StartSelection:000002352 EndSelection:000008075 SourceURL:https://sfncareers.applicantpro.com/jobs/1019854.html Digital Programs Coordinator - Washington, DC - Society for Neuroscience Jobs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2-3 years of event coordination and/or project coordination required.
- Experience facilitating volunteer group efforts preferred.
- Proficiency in using MS Word and the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Process-oriented with ability to build standard operating procedures.
- Organized and able to effectively manage to deadlines.
- Skilled at communicating across departments and establishing effective collaborations.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in coordinating virtual meetings or strong desire to learn.
- Interest in instructional design and technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use good judgement and to be diplomatic with sensitive situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
If this is you and you are eager to make meaningful contributions to a highly relevant and important mission, please submit a cover letter with your salary requirements and a copy of your resume for consideration. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
Our generous benefits package includes: medical, dental, disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts, two retirement plans with employer matching and nonmatching contributions; 12 days of paid vacation, 12 days of paid sick leave, with additional personal leave and 10 paid holidays; gym membership reimbursement; and tuition reimbursement.
The Society for Neuroscience is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law and we welcome Veteran applicants.