We seek two postdocs who will work in the Neuronal mechanism for critical period Unit (Principal Investigator: Yoko Yazaki-Sugiyama) at The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST), Japan. Our research unit works on the brain mechanism for bird song learning. Appointees are expected to work on one of the following projects: 1) Identifying brain mechanism of auditory information processing for song learning in zebra finches. (ref: Araki et al, Science 2016, 354: 1282-1287) 2) Revealing neuronal mechanism for regulation of song memory formation by social interaction. (ref: Yanagihara & Yazaki-Sugiyama 2016, Nat. Commun, doi: 10.1038/NCOMMS11946) However, other projects might be possible with discussions.
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
Application Due Date:
Applications deadline will continue until the position is filled.