Requirements: The successful candidate(s) will have a Ph.D. with research experience relevant to our lab interests and a desire to work independently within a collaborative team environment. Preference will be given to candidates with established expertise in either in vivo or in vitro electrophysiology. We are also seeking an outstanding candidate who has expertise in genetic approach and is interested in acquiring in vivo electrophysiological technique from behaving mice. Competitive applicants should have at least one high-quality, first-author publication.
Learn more about our research program at www.igarashilab.org
To apply: Please visit the UC Irvine RECRUIT website located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF03735
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following materials:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for 3 references
- Research Statement – describe prior experience, future goals, and address how you think you can contribute to the overall research direction of the Igarashi laboratory
1. Coordination of entorhinal-hippocampal ensemble activity during associative learning.
Igarashi KM*, Lu L, Colgin LL, Moser MB, Moser EI*
Nature, 510:143-7 (2014)
2. Topography of Place Maps along the CA3-to-CA2 Axis of the Hippocampus.
Lu L, Igarashi KM, Witter MP, Moser EI, Moser MB.
Neuron. 87:1078-92 (2015)
3. Plasticity in oscillatory coupling between hippocampus and cortex
Curr Opin Neurobiol. 35:163-168 (2015)
4. Parallel mitral and tufted cell pathways route distinct odor information to different targets in the olfactory cortex.
Igarashi KM*, Ieki N, An M, Yamaguchi Y, Nagayama S, Kobayakawa K, Kobayakawa R, Tanifuji M, Sakano H, Chen WR, Mori K*
Journal of Neuroscience 32:7970-85 (2012)
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.