Postdoctoral fellow trainee
In this role, you will perform investigative research under the mentorship of Dr. Ona Bloom, Associate Professor, in the field of spinal cord injury (SCI). The project utilizes biochemical, cell biological, immunological and functional genomics methods. You will interact with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and clinicians working in the field of SCI. The laboratory website can be found at: http://www.feinsteininstitute.org/faculty/ona-e-bloom-phd/
You will publish and present data in a timely manner. You will also work collaboratively with other investigators to facilitate their scientific research and training. Furthermore, you will participate in various types of institute and community activities and may apply for grant funding and/or patents as appropriate.
- Performs research projects as directed. Follows and adheres to experimental protocols in a proficient and meticulous manner.
- Responsible for the collection, analysis and interpretation of research data related to spinal cord injury associated projects.
- Submits manuscripts and abstracts for publication to peer review journals and presentations at local, national and international conferences.
- Performs a variety of tasks, including but not limited to, collecting clinical and biological data, conducting studies, data analysis, maintaining records, charts, etc.
- Responsible for all other research related activities as needed.
The Feinstein Institute is the research enterprise of Northwell Health. The Feinstein Institute is a collaboration of creative thinkers who share a singular focus of advancing science to prevent disease and cure patients
The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research is the research branch of Northwell Health and an integral part of the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine. The Institute is located 30 min outside of New York City in Manhasset, NY and is composed of more than 1,500 scientists, clinicians and staff.