Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's heath around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry -- not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine.
The Astellas Research Institute of America's (ARIA) mission is to develop novel, drug discovery research projects at the front end of Astellas' drug pipeline. ARIA's current focus is on neuroscience research, including the genetics and pathophysiology of psychiatric diseases, creation of genetically-engineered models reflecting human genetics, the design of novel assay platforms for molecular / cellular / behavioral domains, the discovery of new drug targets by examining CNS tissues, and the creation and promotion of research themes in collaboration with the Astellas neuroscience unit in Japan. ARIA is also dedicated to translational research for psychiatric disorders in collaboration with world renowned institutions studying human CNS pathology. This position will be located at the San Diego, California facility.
Astellas is announcing Senior Scientist, Molecular Neuroscience opportunities in San Diego, CA.
Purpose & Scope:
Seeking well-trained molecular/cellular neuroscientists to contribute to building a drug discovery platform in schizophrenia and mood disorders based on the pathophysiology and genetics of these disorders. Candidates should have strong skills in molecular and cellular neurobiology techniques to dissect the biological pathways and neuroanatomical circuits important in neuropsychiatric conditions as well as cognitive function. Ability to work in cross functional teams is essential to the success of this position.
- *Contribute to identifying novel pathways / targets in neuropsychiatric disorders
- * Analyze gene expression profiling data (RNA-seq and microarray) for target discovery
- * Molecularly analyze rodent mutant models for phenotyping and target discovery
- * Contribute to experimental plan for target validation
- * Construct assay platform to evaluate target and hypothesis
- * Assist to construct drug development projects
- * Collect, analyze, and interpret data, construct relevant reports, present and publish the findings
- * Collaborate internally and externally to accelerate the group's mission in neuropsychiatric research