We are looking for a highly motivated and efficient Postdoctoral Associate who will have the opportunity to employ multidisciplinary approaches including electrophysiology, imaging and genetics to study synapse development in structure and function. By unraveling the physio-pathological roles of critical synaptic proteins at the cellular, circuitry and system levels using mouse models, we aim to identify novel targets and further develop therapies for neurodevelopmental and neurodegenerative diseases.
This position is available starting December 1st 2017 and renewable on a yearly basis for a minimum of two years. The contract may be extended based the performance and funding availability. Salary will be based on NIH scale and commensurate with experience.
About University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth Campus
The mission of the University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth campus is to be a national leader in improving healthcare access and outcomes in rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native (AI/AN) communities.
We do this by:
- Educating medical students dedicated to serving rural Minnesota and American Indian/Alaska Native communities
- Fostering excellence in research
- Emphasizing th...e training of physicians in Family Medicine
- Creating strong partnerships locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- Working in innovative, interdisciplinary and inter-professional teams